Wajdi’s music exhibits an echo from the Arabic Mashriq musical history, in a modern language that imitates the contemporary unbalanced world, reflecting the contradictions, beauty, and brutality within it. And it searches as well for inspiration in the elements of Arabic music such as Maqamat, rhythms and Taqassim, as well as in classical Arabic language and rhythms of poetry, which results in a unique Contemporary Oriental music language.
Born in Lebanon in 1991, got his license in piano in 2014, then in Music Composition and electronic music in 2016, from the Lebanese National Higher Conservatory of Music, and is currently continuing his studies in piano and bassoon performance in the same conservatory where he also teaches piano, harmony and music theory.
He’s also the principal conductor, art director, and arranger for “Beit Atfal Al Soumoud Kids’ Orchestra”, “the Lebanese Higher Conservatory Orchestra and Choir – Choueifet branch”.
CNAM University – Lebanon
Master in Civil engineering
Lebanese high music conservatory
- License in piano (with Sevag Derkaghosian / Janna Popkova)
- License in Music composition (Elia koussa / Joelle Khoury)
- Music Technology course (with Jamal Bou l Hosn)
- Bassoon 4th course and continue (currently with Irena- Elena Balanotta)
- Winner of the Ear composition competition 2018 – 2019 for his piece “Folk suite” for strings orchestra
- Winner of the 2019 – 2020 Cypress Symphonic Band Call for Scores for his piece “The Unsquare Suite” for Concert Band
- Won in 2013 an appreciation certificate from “Cergy Pontoise orchestre-studio” after his participation representing the Lebanese National Higher Conservatory of Music in the event “12eme rencontre internationale des Jeunes compositeurs” in Cergy Pontoise conservatory – France.
- After the participation in the LIMF Composition Competition 2020, his piece “Cry from a frozen pole” for Baritone, piano, violin, viola, and cello, on a poem by Shadi Sawwan won an “HONORABLE MENTION” and the “SPECIAL PRIZE BY CLUSTER” (Alternate)
Online certificated courses:
- Fundamentals of Rehearsing Music Ensemble
By The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (Evan Feldman) via coursera
- Introduction to Classical Music (Craig Wright)
By Yale University via coursera
- Adventures in Classical Music – Music Appreciation for All.
By William Neely via Udemy
- Become a Master Conductor – Leading Musicians Made Simple
By MusicProfessor Online Music Lessons via Udemy
By Jonathan Peters via Udemy
- Music Production II – Music Production Workflow – COMPLETE!!
By Mitch Houston via Udemy
- Orchestration 1: Compose Orchestral Music for Strings By Karleen Heong via Udemy